The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well. RAR files can usually compress content by 8 percent to 15 percent more than ZIP files can.
• Using WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression by consistently making smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs.
• The program provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives.
• WinRAR offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface.
• WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
• WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
• WinRAR supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. The number of archived files is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.
• WinRAR offers the ability to create selfextracting and multivolume archives.
Recovery record and recovery volumes allow to reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
• WinRAR features are constantly being developed to keep WinRAR ahead of the pack.
1. "Drag and drop context menu" options in "Settings/Integration/
Context menu items" dialog allow to disable WinRAR archiving
and extraction commands in context menu displayed after dragging
and dropping files with right mouse button.
2. If winrar.ini file is present in the same folder as WinRAR installer,
winrar.ini will be copied to WinRAR program folder after completing
3. While previous versions could produce RAR5 volumes of slightly
smaller than requested size sometimes, such situation is less
likely now. In most cases volume size equals to specified by user.
4. Bugs fixed:
a) WinRAR 5.20 issued unnecessary user account control (UAC) prompt,
when running an executable from archive stored in UAC protected
folder. Since nothing is extracted to folder containing an archive
in such case, UAC prompt is not needed;
b) WinRAR could overwrite files with read-only attribute only
when unpacking RAR and ZIP archive formats. Now it is also
implemented for other archive formats supported by WinRAR;
c) "Elapsed time" and "Time left" were displayed incorrectly
when applying "Convert" command to multiple archives
and enabling "Add recovery record" option.
Thank You for visiting our website.We are extremely grateful for donations made to Softwares N Serials.Every donation no matter how small counts!.As you know we provide Premium software free of cost without any download restrictions or Surveys.If you find our website useful then kindly support us by donating small amount of money in order to help us to cover expenses like internet bills,Domain & hosting fee and other various expenses. we have no major source of revenue other than donations.If you have no money to donate,you can support us by clicking some Ads.