AVG PC Tuneup 2012 is an application designed to help you keep the computer in shape by cleaning files that could slow down the operating system and optimizing some of its settings.Similer to other PC tuneup software solutions on the market, AVG PC Tuneup will scan your computer for problems and repair them as fast as possible. But the application has many more goodies under its hood.The computer scanning process takes less than a minute, while fixing them might exceed 10 minutes, depending on the number of problems and their nature.
AVG PC Tuneup can thus fix registry errors such as file associations, file extensions, help files, history lists, shortcuts and installed software, but also remove junk files and deal with fragmented files.
On the other hand, the System Advisor tab comes with a bunch of useful advices on the way you could improve computer performance. For example, it recommended us during the test to disable administrative share and autorun, thus improving system security on two different fronts.
The resource usage section provides an overview over the way your computer resources are being used by the running processes, which means you can easily discover which of the apps need a bigger amount of CPU and memory.
Last but not least, the advanced tools tab comes with several new tools such as disk cleanup and defrag, duplicate remover, system tweaks and service optimizer, file recovery and shredder, Internet booster and history eraser.
AVG PC Tuneup works on a reasonable amount of computer resources, although it may eat up your CPU and RAM when trying to solve some of the detected problems.
But all in all, this seems to be one of the most efficient tools of its kind on the market and although you'll have to pay to unlock its full powers, it will definitely meet your expectations.
· Removes junk files slowing down your computer.
· Defragments disk drives and optimizes system files placement.
· Repairs thousands of registry errors to increase PC stability.
· Compacts the registry eliminating memory-consuming gaps.
· Finds bad sectors, lost clusters and directory errors and fixes them.
· Tailors the one-size-fits-all settings to your specific Internet connection.
· Removes the history of your computer and Internet usage.
· Wipes free space on disks to prevent the recovery of sensitive data.
· Erases selected files beyond recovery on a disk or USB stick.
· Recovers accidentally deleted files from disks, USB sticks or cameras.
Duplicate File Finder:
· Helps to find and remove duplicate files that waste disk space.
· Disables unnecessary services slowing down your computer.
· Allows to manage programs that start automatically on Windows boot.
· Completely uninstalls the software programs that youno longer need
· Allows to tune hundreds of Windows settings to increase your PC speed.
· Lists all running processes, services and locked files Disk Explorer:
· Shows which files take up the most space on your computer.
· Provides detailed information about your hardware and software.
- Windows® XP/Vista™/Windows® 7
- 01 GHz processor or Above
- 256 MB (Microsoft Windows® XP)
- 512 MB (Microsoft Windows® Vista™/Windows® 7)
- 50 MB Available Hard Disk Space
I am the guy living in my own world just me and my PC. You may think that i am a lonely guy. Well i am not agree with you but respect your opinion.
I need your feedback opinion and comment to keep this topic active.
Thanks for your support.